Saturday, August 4, 2012

Eat, sleep, dance, repeat!

So I've been here for just over a week now. The flight was long but not as horrific as I was expecting despite a heap of delays in Adelaide! We got off the plane and started rehearsing! And rehearsed every day, all day for pretty much the first week! The accommodation is pretty good, nothing to fancy but I have my own room and ensuite so I really can't complain!

The atmosphere at the uni is pretty cool, at any given moment there's always music from some direction, pipes and drums or spit and dribble bands rehearsing the tattoo tunes! Right now I'm listening to about 3 different bands play 3 different tunes lol!

The first performance last night was pretty cool... A full house of 8,500 people all cheering and whistling for you is a pretty cool feeling and I get to do it for 3 weeks! We have two shows tonight which will be awesome :)

Had a little bit of free time to wander around, found a nice little shopping centre and a UK sim coz not having the interweb was killing me!!! Haven't bought anything yet, I'm waiting to go up the royal mile next week and check out all the touristy shops! Get some tattoo merchandise and order my DVD!

Everything is so cheap over here, it's awesome! But the chocolate is not as good as home... Well except for galaxy and white malteasers! I had a twix and a twirl and was incredibly disappointed! However the lollies are really good but the chips are strange... Salt and vinegar is in a green packet that looks like light and tangy... It's sooo confusing! I actually have to read the packets now!

The most exciting this is we made the Edinburgh paper yesterday! There were sooo many press there on Thursday night but that's the only article we've found so far!

Well it's lunchtime over here so I'm off to go fill my hungry belly!

Don't forget to checkout the OzScot Australia Facebook page to keep up with the latest news and pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Yay sounds like heaps of fun. Liz is appalled you don't like the chocolate :) I want to try those white maltesers!!

    ReplyDelete